Getting organized is a very important step in preparing your GriotBook. Gathering all of your materials into one place is the easy part; keeping them organized is another. We are listing some steps that may insist you in preparing your GriotBook. Try out different methods, but do the ones that are effective for you.
1. Create a folder on your computer and name it “My GriotBook”
2. Create "parent" sub folders within the GriotBook folder. We suggest you label them the following: "photos", "newspaper clips", "vital records", or whatever applies.
3. Create a "child" sub folder within each "parent" sub folder. These particular folders can be essential in keeping each family member's information separated.
4. Save a copy of all folder on a removable storage device, such as a USB memory stick, and keep this device with the physical materials
4. Place each digital piece of information in its proper folder. 5. If you have tangible items such as papers and photos, spread them in front of you in a well-lit workspace. 8. Organize all collectibles such as old photos, boxes of old letters and documents, old books from loved ones etc... 7. Create a family chart. This will help you to stay organized. Insert all information in its proper place on the chart. The charts can be found in the Family Historian Center and the Authorized Griot Center. 8. Set Deadlines You Can Live with AND 9. "Allow plenty of time to complete an awesome GriotBook.